Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

My All Saint's Day Short Story


This is kinda late post since All Saint's Day and All Souls day had already passed. I just want to share a piece of story…

During November 1 and 2, people are busy going to cemeteries to visit their dead loved-ones and relatives. When in cemetery people are cleaning, weeding and painting the graves of their departed loved-ones. We also do the same minus the part where people are having a blast by partying, drinking and feasting on the graves during All Saint's day. People remember November 1 and 2 as the day of the dead and the day to commemorate the memories of the departed ones.

My Lolo Dolfo never fails to visit the grave of my Lola Laling (his wife) during All Saint's Day. My Lola passed away due to diabetes complication and left us March of 1999. But since then my Lolo never fails to visit my Lola's grave. My Lolo regularly visit my Lola's grave from the day after we buried her to the present, everyday for eleven years. Few absences of my Lolo's attendance to the cemetery is because from his illness but other than that, every afternoon my Lolo is already carrying few candles to light and the flowers my Lola likes when she was alive. One distant memory I remembered was when I went to cemetery with him on one balmy afternoon (that was May 2006, more than 3years since my last vacation), my Lolo was so animated and talking to my Lola's grave that he was proud that I am already a grown-up. My Lolo also said that if Lola was still here she would be proud of me too.

If other people are squeezing themselves on visiting their dead loved-ones on November 1, my Lolo has other ideas. He believes that commemorating my Lola's memories doesn't happen on one specific date or day, it should happen everyday.


What's the summary of my story? I witness true love from my Lolo's great gesture of true love to my Lola even she left us eleven years ago.

My Lolo and Lola who I loved so dearly


0 comments:

Post a Comment