Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Book List...

Since I've been out last long weekend because of HS and college get-togethers (which is worth it), the desk in my room is piled high with list of pending books that I still need to read...


The list of books I still need to read are:

1. Marley and Me by John Grogan - I already watched the movie and it made me cry. I want to read this just to check if the book is much better than the movie adaptation. I bought it at Booksale for only P80.00

2. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami - been hearing a lot of raves about this book. I'm already in Chapter 3 but I stopped reading for a while since I got bored. But I want to finish reading it. I got it at National Bookstore Yearly Sale for only P50.00

3. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - As one of an avid reader of Nick Sparks novel, this is something I don't want to miss. I already near the end of the book and I hate continuing it because I am sensing that I don't want the ending (I haven't watched the movie adaptation yet). This book is a present from a friend when she came back from the US :)

4. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Series - A must read book for those people like me who sweats or gets infuriated over small or petty situations. I learned a lot from this book. I got this at Booksale for only P115.00

5. The Management Series books - Something I need to read for career growth and additional information while taking up graduate studies. I bought this last year at National Bookstore sale with my colleague.

6. The Secret Life of the Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - The book has a movie adaptation too featuring Dakota Fanning. I haven't started this one yet. I bought it at Booksale for only P45.00

7. Pants on Fire and How to be Popular by Meg Cabot - I like Meg Cabot's young adult series Princess Diaries and I am curious on the other series she'd done. I haven't started them and I bought them last June on National Bookstore for P100.00 pesos each

8. Last Book on Gossip Girl - This is not similar to the Gossip Girl series but way much more funny to read. It is also on sale that is why I grab the copy while hanging out with my friends at Nuvali last June.

9. The Zahir by Paulo Coelho (Spanish version) - my one project for this year is to learn how to speak Spanish Language and tried reading a book written in Spanish Language. I just saw the copy at sale table in National Bookstore and bought it for only P20.00. I promised my dad to learn Spanish since he is already fluently speaking (one of the major advantage of being assigned in South American country)

10. Working Smarter Not Harder - Something I read related to career growth and development. I bought this copy at Booksale for P70.00 while having a browsing books date with my significant other (who is also a bookworm like me)

11. Naked in the Boardroom - career related book also which I also bought along with my Working Smarter Not Harder copy

12. Milan Guidebook - part of my curiosity on one of my dream destination is check out what can be seen in Milan. As usual the copy is bought on sale :)

13. Romantic Poems - medieval and famous poems written in a special paper

14. Nice Girls don't Get Rich - another self-development book I bought at Booksale almost 70% off compared to the same hardcover copies sold at National Bookstore.

15. Lightning Thief by Percy Jackson - this copy is the same person who gave me my Dear John book. I haven't started this one yet but I heard from a lot of friends that the book is also good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment