Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Signs of Growing UP

Growing up is the hardest thing for some people. Some are already adults and acting like crazy teenager or kids, some are kids who thought it was cool acting like an adult but end up doing stupid things and lastly, some never left the world of fantasy and illusion, refuse to move on and live life as it supposed to be.

Few days ago, I had a very interesting chat with my college friend. She's my constant shopping buddy and we always hang out together when time and budget permits. We always talked how things are constantly changing and how people around us (our college friends) move and live their lives.

I used to remember before our topic of conversation during college revolves around our projects, assignments, grades, teachers, current rumors circulating in school, defenses, college crushes and our empty love-lives. But life back then was easy. Now that we are currently working, we still talk yet on different level of conversation. Most of the time we talk it's about our annoying classmates who keeps flaunting their material possessions, vacations and fiancés/husbands/babies in Faceboooks, rumors verified to be true during college and our so-called direction in life. It seems like me and my friend is currently on the same wavelength, worried what will be our future. But I must admit we are growing up and bracing ourselves on the challenges will come on our way.




This is the changes I noticed that I am currently growing up…

1. I used to be impatient. I thought that if things didn't go my way, I don't bother trying again. Now, I am trying my best to be more open-minded about everything in life

2. I used to be jealous my boyfriend's ex. She seems career-minded and very stable in her chosen field, and that made me so insecure. But after meeting her and some few awkward smiles and talk, I just learned she's just like any other person who has her own issues and concerns.

3. I must admit I used to be very possessive with my boyfriend. I panicked when he's not texting or calling during our first two years together and I realized how quite unnerving I was before. Now, I allow him to hang out with his friends and officemates as long I am fully aware his whereabouts in case of emergency. (at least di na possessive masyado! Haha)

4. I used to envy my other classmates and friends who are already stable in their careers/jobs. I learned recently that everyone has it's own time to "shine". We just need to be patient and always seek refuge in God (He will never fail us)

5. During my first two years on my job, I love to "shop til I drop", now I am thinking of ways to increase finances and be more stable

6. I am still learning to work and be patient with different types of people

7. I am ashamed asking money from my parents… or even ask for a pasalubong from my DAD. I thought I'm too old for those stuff, but my Dad pointed out that no matter how old I am, he likes to give me presents because I am his kid. :)

8. Discussions and conversation with close friends and significant others are soaring into deeper level.

9. WE have plenty of things to discuss about love-lives. Hahaha

10. Gives advises to younger peers, sibling and cousin :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment