Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

College Friends!

I would say I am blessed to have great friends from college. They were the ones I gathered support and strength while pulling an all-nighter or working on a research paper / defense, assignments and projects. My college life wouldn't be happy and fulfilling if it weren't for these people… they were the ones who made my day bright and even I was worrying if my parents would be able to afford my tuition. They made me feel that life in college is sure a breezy and fun one.

I wouldn't say their names because I value privacy and silence… anyway, here they are…

K - of all my college girlfriends, she's still the closest friend I had. We've been classmates since first semester of 2000. We shared a lot of common links, our love for poetry and short stories, cute guys and showbiz (haha :)). She had a talent in writing and I used to remember that she dreamed of becoming a journalist but ended up in the wonderful world of Information Technology (haha). Anyway, she is currently doing good in her career. Up to now, we are still meeting up for some girl talks over coffees, ice creams, pizza, pasta, salads and any foods we feel like eating at the moment. She's my constant shopping buddy and text mates when we're not busy at the office. Recently, we are on the same wavelength regarding on quarter life crisis. It was good because when we opened up we realized we are currently treading same wave of thoughts regarding our future.

There are so many memories of her and one of the most remarkable I guess was when we went together for some serious soul searching prayer at St. Claire chapel and of course her sweet letters reminding me that friends may come and go but true ones often stay in your heart and in your life.

M - Who would have thought this tough and best looking guy in school would be my life savior after college graduation? We became close because of our common denominator: my ex-boyfriend. He was my ex-boyfriend's best friend. He was the one who helped me see things that are not worth fighting for. When me and my college best friend and ex-bf fell apart, he was there as a friend willing to cheer me up and made me see that things happen for a reason. I would never forget the day when he confirmed to me the thing every girl doesn't want to hear from their ex-bf's bestfriend. He sided with me despite the risks of ruining his friendship with his bestfriend. Up to this day I am still grateful for him. Currently he is newly-married and a proud father to his 1-month old daughter.

Today, I was able to talk to him again in Yahoo Messenger. There was so many things left unsaid and I must say we both grew up. I was really happy for him because he seems contented and proud of his new status. Before I talked to him to cry my heart out in frustration and now we are laughing at our distant memories. He told me that whatever happened in the past has a reason. We both know it since we were being blessed with lovelives which is very far different from the past.

CJ - He was my college best friend. We met through common friends and we instantly clicked after we talked. He was very talented in drawing and programming. Too bad he wasn't able to land a career in those areas. He was my constant buddy during 1st sem of 2002 up to our graduation. Secretly, I had a crush on him (or should I say everyone in school knows it) but I was too afraid to risk everything for our friendship. He was very protective and very concerned with me. I really missed those times when we just had to hang out at their house talking endlessly and playing jokes on each other or just eating banana-que and drinking Coke in her aunt's sari-sari store. My favorite memory of him was when I got rejected applying for a known call center in Makati. This happened after our college graduation. I was bawling and crying like a kid in Greenbelt park. It was too embarrassing but I couldn't help but vent out my frustration and stress. He was there calmly speaking to me and cheering me up. He put his hand over my shoulder to stop me from crying. All the way from Makati to Laguna he didn't let go of my hand. Up to now, those memories still make me cry but I always thought God has better purpose for me since I landed a career in IT. Something I always wanted from the very start.

Recently, I was organizing my inbox messages in my cellphone, I was surprised when some of his previous messages are stored in my SIM card… here is one of the most memorable message he sent to me:


"You'll pass it! Tsaka ur always in my prayers naman e. Lam m, u've been through
a lot noh I've never met a stronger person than u kaya believe in urself, to u
its another challenge nalang d b? Pass yan, I know you can do it!"

It was dated August 09, 2004 around 12:03 in the morning… he sent me that message when I was applying for a job. I think it work, because I was hired after :).

Too bad our friendship didn't survive after this due to complicated situations but I will always be thankful that even we shared only two years of friendship, he would always still remain in my heart. It made me sad how our friendship fell apart. Honestly, I missed him and his constant companionship, but since he is married, I only wish the best for them and hoping he is happy wherever he is.

For now, these are the people who are quite remarkable in my college life. People who shared my thoughts, laughters and tears. People who made significant contributions and helped me in my current journey.

Next Planned Article: High School Friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment