Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Eat, Pray, Love Version...

Pardon me for being so emotera this January. I've been in the dumps in the past few weeks and I need to take a breather to make sure I stay sane. My birthday is coming next week and I don't feel like celebrating it with some attached emotional baggage on my end. I know I do sound pathetic nowadays but can't help but feel sad sometimes. This is not what I expect to happen and this is not the end I had in my mind. And sorry for writing so many uninteresting notes about my current state of emotions but I need to vent out and this secret blog is the only place I can put all my frustrations, anger and sadness.

Anyways, even this week is sooo gloomy because of the unpredictable weather (just like my mood) I am looking forward for my four-day adventure out of town in Iloilo. Yes, I've been going to Iloilo for the nth time and I can't help but appreciate the place. It is the only sanctuary I knew free from all the worries and problems I had here in Manila.

And since I want my personal self-discovery and realization I am planning for a four-day escapade at Iloilo to de-stress. For me to be able to do this, I am having my own personal Eat, Pray, Love version there next week.




TOP REASONS WHY I LOVE GOING TO ILOILO:

1. Iloilo was full of my childhood memories. The smell of green pastures, the gentle rustling of leaves in the Lolo's trees, the herd of dogs, and the place where my dad grew up gave me sense of relaxation and reminds me of happy times

2. The fields behind my Lolo's house is the perfect place to unwind, relax and think all things in perspective. And I badly need directions now.

3. It was easy navigating around Iloilo City. It was like my second home.

4. It is near the beaches if I want to indulge in a short swim or trip to the sea

5. All my favorite food is available here!

For my Eat Pray Love version adventure, here are my plan:

EAT:
1. Been craving for authentic La Paz Batchoy. I will visit the original Deco's branch to sample their famous La Paz Batchoy

2. Been craving talaba since last year. I will eat all seafoods I can manage to eat

3. Will eat at Tatoy's for the 3rd time

4. Look for all my favorite childhood foods while there

5. Share food with my relatives. I love visiting my relatives houses to sample great foods!

PRAY:
1. I found a place to pray and relax for a while. I will visit the Trappist Monastery in Guimaras for some enlightenment.

2. Will visit again the Sta. Barbara Church with my idle time

3. Will visit St. Anne Church in Molo, Iloilo. It is a feminist church and I want to go inside the church again

4. Will attend Sunday mass early in the morning and will listen to priest's homily in the traditional Ilonggo dialect.

5. Will visit Leganes church if I still have a spare time. My mom said that the church has miraculous stories before.

LOVE

1. Will celebrate my birthday with my relatives. This is the first time in my 20++ years to visit Iloilo and celebrate my birthday

2. Will visit my Lola and relatives on my mother side

3. Will do some soul-searching in Iloilo. See where my life is heading me right now. All I need is some directions and refreshing start so that this 2011 would not go to waste.

Hopefully this Iloilo trip will be a fruitful and meaningful trip of my life. I badly need some vacation and enlightenment. When I go back next week, I hope I am already fine. I need to pray to ask for guidance and directions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment