Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another Valentines Post! (pagbigyan na please)

(The picture above reminds me of my favorite scene in the movie)


This is another Valentines post of walang magawa moment after watching 500 days of Summer. As you know every Valentines season most cable channels shows all movies, segments, soaps and commercial pertaining to the love month. Tonight, after my Dad got tired of watching the replay of the uber-boring impeachment trial he handed me the remote and I tried doing the channel surfing. I saw that the 500 days of Summer is shown in StarMovies so I watched it again. Though I watched the movie a dozen times, can't help but feel sad for Tom... affected ako eh (bruhang Summer, ayaw pa kay Tom). But what captured my attention is what Tom's sister told about failed relationship or love... You're too blind to see before the indications that there's no love or care in what your previous partner does. Maybe Tom misinterprets the actions Summer shown to him. Tom lives in a dream that there is destiny and fate, while Summer relies on being practical on choosing which would be best for her. It might not be a happy ending for Tom and Summer but there are always lessons learned in love and life... especially on movies like these :P

Tom's sister might be young but her view on things about love is quite mature. Sometimes when we are blinded by love we ignore small things that might indicate that something is wrong in relationship. We only realize the faults and mistakes in the relationship when it is already over. Failed relationships might be seen as waste of time and mistakes of the past but what's important is the lessons it carved in our minds and hearts. As they say, practice makes perfect. Make sure that you don't fall to the trap of same mistakes again...

What's so romantic about my 2nd Valentines post? Nothing? Just thoughts to ponder and a bit enjoyment of having to watch rom-coms... I haven't watch for a while due to busy schedules and appointments... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment