Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines!



Love is in the air and it's what romantic people are looking forward during February - Valentines day. For hopeless romantics this day define all efforts to be the most romantic person ever. Ever since I am not a fan of this day. Though I've been in relationships during and after college... I don't know, it just so happened that my exes are not fans of Valentines day so you would expect that none of them sent me a flowers or any of the cheesy stuff before. I just get used to the idea that Valentines is just an ordinary day to me... I received few Valentines cards and stuff toys in the past but none of them flowers or any surprises.

This year was quite different... this is the first time that I received flowers (yes, you hear it right!) and had a nice dinner after office. It's quite chaotic going out on a Valentines day since fine dining restaurants and even fast foods are filled up with people (either dating or just having ordinary dinner) so expect that it's an effort to queue up / order and then find a nice table to sit. I had to admit that I do have few ounce of patience left when it comes to big crowds and traffic. But today, this is the first Valentines date that I get to enjoy the day. Ni (my significant other) already gave me the flowers last night and the sweet gesture touched me. I know it sounds so shallow by other people who's used on getting flowers every Valentines day. For me, this is different. This is the first time that my special someone get out of his way to show how much he truly loves me on this special day. I used to remember in high school that I get envious of my other girl classmates who got flowers and cards during Valentines and I was secretly hoping someone would gave me one (hahaha! those were the days...). I am quite grateful and thankful that in this age of mine and 12 years after high school I got one special set of pink flowers and spent the night with my special someone who mean the world to me and looks forward on a journey of forever with him... So just this once, it may be as cheesy and sugary as jawbreaker candy, I just want to greet my special someone...

Happy Valentines Ni!




For me, they are the beautiful flowers in my life and thank you for this :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment