Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Teacher Stories


From: hothotbuzz.com

October 5, is commemorated as world teachers day... and in this day... I would mention a lot about teachers

  • When I was a kid, I also dream of becoming a teacher
  • My mom is my first teacher. She was the one busy making exams and quizzes for me.
  • I will never forget my elementary teacher Ms. Tan because she threw my notebook outside the classroom. I was busy copying notes rather than listening to her
  • Mrs. Manalo, taught our Grade 5 class to become bookworms and wide reader. Part of my being a bookworm aside from my mother is my grade 5 adviser. She encourage us to read books everyday aside from our schoolbooks
  • I cannot forget my 2nd year adviser Mrs. Perez because of that yearlong scrapbook on Values Education. My talent as an artist never developed :P
  • I am afraid of my 3rd year adviser Mrs. Alfonso. Her killing stare makes you sweat like a pig in her Algebra class
  • I love my fourth year adviser Mrs. Esteban, she was the one who encouraged me to do my best and come out on the top of the class. We still hang out today and catch up with my HS friends once in a while 
  • I tutored Mrs. Esteban’s twins.
  • I hate my Accounting teacher Mr. Talavera. Enough said. If you’re in my batch, you know what I’m talking about
  • I like Sir David’s dedication to me before our HS graduation for our English literature subject. Up until this day, his message rings in my ear. “You are one of the rare species that would make the world a better place”
  • I like my Symbolic teacher, which I already forgot her surname. She was the one who exempt me from taking the final exams during first year college
  • I hate Mrs. Arguson, she was the major reason why I did not qualified for the dean’s lister roster. She gave me an unknown 2.75 and I regularly attend her classes. That f*cking 2.75 cost me my whole transcript of records and a shot for a latin honors.
  • I miss Mam Nofuente, my Philippine Constitution and JRizal professor. She was one of those few professors in college who believes in the capacity of her students
  • I would never forget Mr. Vergara whom I clashed during system design defense and other reporting in college.Now, Ryan is one of my colleagues and closest friends. He was the one who encourage me to get out of academe and work at IT industry. Until this day, I am still grateful for his kind words of wisdom and encouragement
  • I don’t like my Physics professor Mr. Macha, he tends to throw things at his students when he is irked or irritated on our noise
  • Most of my major subjects’ professors are my friends.
  • I became a computer instructor after graduating from college. Teaching is fun. But I need to live
  • I miss my computer engineering students and some of my computer studies students
  • I am proud and happy to know that my previous students are achievers in the IT industry.
  • I hate to admit that I get thrilled when asked to be a panellist in Thesis and other major subject defenses. It gave me different kind of rush ;)
  • My dad who showed things that weren’t taught in classroom. He told me how to strive hard to achieve my dreams and goals in life
  • To my previous bosses Sir Eboy and Sir Ferdie, who showed me what should be real bosses, are. Warm, good-natured, funny, approachable and open to endless ideas.
  • To my 3rd organization officemate/teammates, who in some way imparted me useful criticisms and office etiquettes, I owe it a lot because it helped me become a better colleague
  • To my Hypercom experience, it taught me different realizations and gave way on reaching one dream before... to work on my dream company today. It just shows that when things end there might be a more beautiful scenario unfolding right before your eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment